Some of these are silly, some will make you roll your eyes, some are sweet, some are kind. No matter which you take with you know that you are doing a great job as an IMperfect mom. In the comments let me know your favorite quotes. These are so fun to share and encouraging when we need a little pick me up throughout the day.
When I read simple quotes I am able to shift my focus onto me if only for one sentence. I love these things. I screenshot it, write it on my mirror or wherever. When I happen across it again I remember the emotion I had when I saw it first and the way it helped me breathe, laugh and become calm in that moment. Write a few down and remember them for Mommy ME time. Quotes for you:
- That’s one of the things I love about Makeup. You can change your whole attitude by just doing your eyeliner or lipstick differently – Beyonce
- Sexy is being independent, confident and having fun
- I am trying to find myself. Sometimes that is not easy – Marilyn Monroe
- Moms: the only people who know the true meaning of 24/7
- Aint no hood like motherhood
- Some days I friggin ROCK at being a mom. Other days I realize I’ve had a huge dinosaur sticker on my butt all day
- My kids throw a lot of shade for tiny people completely dependent on me for survival
- Kids have a 6th sense; They know when moms cheeks hit the seat
- Consider the postage stamp: it’s usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing until it gets there – Josh Billings
- Never let anyone treat you like a yellow starburst. You are a PINK Starburst!
- Next time you think of Beautiful things, don’t forget to count YOURSELF in
- You are Beautiful when you are Happy – Oscar Wilde
- Never too busy to be Beautiful
- Makeup is self-confidence applied directly to the face
- Hey, YOU, Yes Girl YOU! SMILE, your are BEAUTIFUL and you should be proud of it
- Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself – Coco Chanel
- A Beautiful thing is never perfect
- Embracing your true self radiates a natural beauty that cannot be diluted or ignored
- A pure heart is superlatively rare and even more attractive – JSB Morse
- You’re, like, really pretty
Sweet like an Angel
- In difficult times carry something beautiful in your heart
- There’s only one thing more precious than our time; and that’s who we spend it on – Leo Christopher
- Sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can fall together – Marilyn Monroe
- A Mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them – Victor Hugo
- Mother: that one word that can not be defined in a single phrase; that one word that embodies all the love a human being could possibly offer
- There is no way to be the perfect mother, but in a million ways to be a good one – Jill Churchill
- Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a mother
- Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed
- Strength grows in the moments when you think you can’t go on but you keep going anyway
- Hey Mama – Has anyone told you that you’re doing an awesome job?
A little Sarcastic
- Wake up Beauty, it’s time to BEAST.
- If anyone tells you not to buy new makeup, STOP TALKING TO THEM! You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life
- Glitter is ALWAYS an option (remember this for those of us with daughters)
- I am not an early bird or a night owl. I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.
- Naptime is my happy hour
- Never put off til tomorrow what you can straight up cancel
- Showering as a mom is like an Olympic sport. Fans are calling your name and you’re pressured to finish in record time
- May your coffee be stronger than your toddler
- Even if you are on the right track, you WILL get run over if you JUST SIT THERE – Will Rogers
- Parenting is F*ing Hard
You are IMperfect and I am proud of you
Being a mom (and really just being a woman) is overwhelming sometimes. It is very easy for us to start slipping into something negative with no effort at all. Bringing yourself out of that pit you fell into is hard, it takes work, it takes conscious thoughts, and sometimes (a lot of the time) it takes a helping hand reaching in and pulling you out.
I have been pretty emotional lately. I feel like a time of change is coming to my life. Women have a sense about this stuff. We don’t always listen but we should really train ourselves to trust our senses, our “feelings.” I am feeling restless like something big is happening under the surface. I wanted to share this with you because I know I am not the only one. I started this community to be REAL, to be vulnerable, to be encouraging. I hope you feel my emotion and believe that we can help each other through the pitfalls and walk together in the high points in our lives.
Mom life is wonderful and challenging. Womanhood is wonderful and challenging. I wouldn’t change a thing about either one. Something about me you will learn is I do not have regrets. I am who I am because of my failures and my successes. Mistakes are not a real thing, they are teachable moments to help you learn.
I REALLY hope you enjoyed these as much as I did. Share your favorite quotes and let me know which you loved, which you will write on your mirror, and which you will say quietly as your mantra when the kids are overwhelming. You are doing great. Keep it up!
When someone tells you you can’t,
Do it twice,
And take pictures
Peace and Balance,